Syningthwaite Priory, Walton
Alterations to Syningthwaite Priory, Walton.
The works were the completion of the restoration and conversion of the Priory building to create a dwelling.
Adjacent to the site is a range of holiday accommodation and a function building used for weddings.
Work comprised of:
- Insertion of steel and timber structure over existing historic floor to provide a new structural floor and provide support to the existing retained structure
- New concrete ground floor received finishings
- Sundry alterations works, including new partitions and insertion of new first floor ceiling
- Insertion of roof windows
- Insertion of new staircase and alterations to existing retained staircase
- Construction of new Garden Room extension comprising raft foundation; oak frame, roof clad with a combination of Sarnafil and leadwork; double glazed wall and door panels and double glazed roof sections linking with the existing buildings
- Repairs to lath and plaster ceilings and lime plasterwork
- Alteration and refurbishment of doors, together with insertion of new doors
- Installation of new floor finishes
- Kitchen and Bathroom fit out
- Installation of new mechanical and electrical installations
- Alteration and extension of drainage